Nonna’s Kitchen Menu
Menus can be chosen based on seasonal availability of certain foods, and on your wish to taste or learn certain preparation techniques. Assistance will be given in selecting your menu of what courses are complimentary to one another.
- Fettunta – Toasted Tuscan bread which is rubbed with garlic and topped with salt, freshly ground pepper and a very good extra virgin olive oil. This can also be topped with a spread of cannellini beans.
- Bruschetta – Tomato and Basil Toasts – Marinated diced tomatoes with basil leaves, and chopped fresh garlic are spooned onto toasted crostini or sliced bread.
- Foccacia – a slightly raised flat bread topped with your choice of :
- Chopped Kalamata Olives, Oregano and Olive Oil
- Chopped fresh Rosemary and Garlic with Olive Oil
- Freshly Sliced Tomatoes and Basil leaves with Olive Oil
- Fritto Misto di Vedura – Seasonal fresh vegetables that are battered and fried
- Fiori di Zucca repieni e fritti – Stuffed and fried zucchini flowers. (available only in-season.) The flowers of the zucchini plant are filled with a ricotta cheese mixture and fried
- Bagna Cauda – fresh vegetables that are dipped fondue style in a sauce of butter, olive oil and anchovies and brought to your plate on a crostini of bread.
- Caprese Salad with Balsamic reduction – Slices of fresh tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella with fresh basil, and drizzled with a balsamic reduction and olive oil -(a good gluten free option)
- Crostini Toscani – A Chicken Liver topping similar to a pate, served warm and spread on toasted crostini.
- Cucuzza – Fried Zucchini Fritters – Batter- flour, parmesan, egg, garlic, ground black pepper, sliced zucchini
- Minestrone a la Genovese – A vegetable soup
- Risotto Arancini – Risotto made into a tasty bite, stuffed with a piece of shrimp, and fried to a golden brown.
- Fresh Pasta – with choice of Sauce
- Ragu di Carne – Sauce with meat
- Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Basil Pesto with Pine Nuts
- Gorgonzola and Walnut Sauce
- Sugo Finto – Meatless Sauce
- Garlic and Tomato Sauce
- Alfredo Sauce – Cream and Parmesan Sauce
- Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
- Puttanesca Sauce – Fresh tomato, red onion, black olive, and anchovy Sauce
- Risotto – Arborio Rice in broth, finished with Butter and Parmesan cheese (a good gluten free option)
- Spring vegetable (available seasonally)
- Etruscan Chicken – Braised chicken with pine nuts and golden raisins
- Arista alla Fiorentina – Florentine roasted Pork Loin
- Arista Marinata con Uva – Baked Pork with Grapes
- Spezzatino – Tuscan Beef Stew served over creamy polenta
- Lasagna – using Bechamel Sauce and Ragu di Carne. Will replace the pasta course, and be served with vegetable or salad.
- Braciole – Round Steak rolled and stuffed with meat, bacon, herbs and hard cooked egg, braised in a tomato sauce.
- Sicilian Breaded Round Steak garnished with sautéed onions and peppers – Tenderized round steak pieces, breaded, fried, then baked to finish, topped with the onions and peppers.
- Chicken Piccata -boneless pieces of chicken pan fried in olive oil, butter, white wine with a sauce of meat juices, capers and lemon juice.
- Tri-Colore Roasted Pork Loin – Pork loin that has been rolled – stuffed with provolone cheese, roasted red peppers and baby spinach. Roasted on a layer of onion alongside rosemary sprigs. Served with a sauce of wholegrain mustard, champagne vinegar, olive oil, and parmesan.
- Chicken Marsala – A chicken breast cutlet that has been pan-fried and simmered in a sauce of sweet Marsala wine, prosciutto and sliced mushrooms.
- Arrosto di Carne Ripieno A rolled piece of round steak that has been filled with an egg and spinach omelette, sliced prosciutto and mortadella, topped with butter and baked in parchment paper. It is served with a gravy made from the pan drippings
Side Dishes to be served with the protein
- Mellenzane Parmigiana – Eggplant Parmigiana
- Spinaci Rifatti con l’aglio – Sauteed Spinach with Garlic
- Patate Salvia e Rosemarino – Roasted potatoes with Sage and Rosemary
- Faggiolini alla Fiorentina – Florentine Style Green Beans
- Creamy Polenta – Corn meal mash, served similarly to mashed potatoes
- Patate Fontina au Gratin – Sliced potatoes layered in Béchamel Sauce with melted fontina cheese slices
- Lemon Garlic Broccoli – Fresh broccoli, blanched and roasted in olive oil, garlic, parmesan, and lemon zest.
- Tiramisu – Coffee soaked Lady Fingers with Italian Cream
- Gelato al Vin Santo – Italian Ice Cream flavored with Vin Santo – a dessert wine
- Biscotti di Pratto – Almond Biscuits flavored with orange or lemon – your choice
- Panna Cotta – Cooked Cream with choice of a chocolate or a fruit topping.
- Cannoli – A crispy tube shaped shell filled with a delicious filling of ricotta cheese and sweetened whipped cream, garnished with chocolate or chopped pistachio nuts.
- Italian Fruit Salad – A fresh fruit salad of watermelon, grapes, blueberries and fresh basil, dressed with honey and red wine vinegar.
- Limoncello Cake with Mascarpone Frosting – a double layer cake infused with Limoncello and lemon, with a frosting of Mascarpone/Whipped Cream and Lemon Curd, topped with shaved white chocolate!
- Cioccolatissimo – translation – “chocolate, chocolate, chocolate” – a single layer cake made with 1/2 lb. of dark chocolate and 1/2 lb. of butter! Served with sweetened whipped cream for any true chocolate lover!